AEM Operations & Maintenance Best Practices Panel DiscussionJuly 2, 2020
Following on the success of our last panel discussion on AEM’s cloud future, Adobe Global Community will be putting on another panel discussion at the end of July, this one centering on best practices for DevOps and maintenance for Adobe Experience Manager installations.
To register for this free online event, click here!
Brad Coleman is an AEM Architect at Rackspace Technology. He has been working in the DevOps arena of Adobe Experience Manager for 7 years, with over 20 years of experience on Java-based web applications. He leads the Rackspace Application Services AEM team, which is a managed service provider for companies running AEM.
Anuj Ratra is the Digital Transformation Leader at Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the cloud computing, digital and e-commerce/omni-channel.
Joey Smith is Director of Client Enablement and DevOps Engineering for Hoodoo Digital. A founder of AEMPodcast.com and AEMhq.com, he has a passion for getting developers to take a more active role in the long-term maintenance of the AEM platform.
Tad Reeves is a Principal AEM Architect at ICF Next who has worked with the AEM / CQ platform for the last 10 years, and has been involved in enterprise operations for over 20 years. As a devops engineer and architect, he’s had his hands on AEM/CQ implementations from over 40 different companies on virtually every hosting platform.
We very much want to take up topics that will be of interest to teams running Adobe Experience Manager currently, or who are looking to implement it in the future – either themselves, with a partner, or on Adobe’s managed services or cloud hosting platforms. The topics we’re looking at discussing presently are:
- What mistakes do you commonly see people make when trying to self-host an AEM installation?
- From an operations and maintenance perspective, what activities do you see that are the most important to automate for an AEM site?
- What classes of tooling do you see as being most valuable in an AEM hosting environment?
- Should every AEM environment be hosted in the cloud? Is there any case to be made for an on-premise installation in a corporate or colo datacenter?
- If you were going to name three things that are the most important to a smooth-running AEM environment, what would you target?
- What value does a managed hosting provider bring to the table (whether it’s Adobe’s managed services or another Adobe partner)?
- From an operations and a readiness perspective, what should teams do to prepare their sites for the future, regardless of whether AEM as a Cloud Service is a viable option for your company?
If there are other topics you would like to see us take up, please leave a comment!
And again, please share this event with anyone you know who could benefit from a brass-tacks discussion on how best to run Adobe Experience Manager!